PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Band - A Band Of Your Choice

D41V30N
21-08-2010, 07:46 AM
What would be your dream band? You know, you have been given the chance to form a band consisting of any band members from around the world. Yes, which musicians would you like to see in your dream band. You are allowed to include yourself in the band as well, provided you can handle the microphone or play any other instruments. Also, do mention the type of music you would like it to create. You may even name the band if you wish to do so. Here is mine:-

Band Members
Daiveon - Vocals (clean, growls, scream, chants), Keyboards (I will learn eventually)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) - Vocals (clean, death growls), Rhythm Guitars
Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) - Vocals (clean, psychedelic, whispers), Guitars, Keyboards
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) - Lead Guitars
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Bass Guitars
Martin "Axe" Axenrot (Opeth) - Drums
Danny Carey (Tool) - Percussion, Drums

Music / Genre
If I really had to describe the music I would like to create, I would say that I would like to fuse heavy chunky guitar riffs (like Tool, Ill Nino) with Scandinavian Alternative Metal scene (like Katatonia, Ghost Brigade) - with lead guitars giving off fantastic and melodious guitar solos in the background and foreground as well during the bridges. Keyboards, organs, flutes, backing vocal chants and growls, and many other psychedelic elements along with subtle environmental effects would play in the background in lower volumes (as finely as in Porcupine Tree, Katatonia, Opeth), while heavy riffs and guitar solos take the front. There would be the sickest and the most complex of drums and percussions - with even traditional Egyptian, Scandinavian, Latin, Indian and Japanese percussions to be implemented as well. And recording would be so smooth yet so alive, that you would float during the subtle parts and headbang during the heavier parts (just like Opeth).
OMG, just thinking about it takes me to EARGASM! XD

Band Name
No band name, yet. However, when my friends and I decided that we would definitely form a band after we had learned all the instruments, I put forth some names. "Hexagram" (there are six of us), "Moonbird", "Dawnweaver", "Deceiver" (all of us had some kind of troubled love-lives), "Forsaker" (after Katatonia's song), "Gravewillow", "Darkchant", "Blaze", "Hallow", "Shadeswither" (a compound word I created to symbolized that the shadows of human beings have withered and they are now living without their shadows to guide them) and some other names. "Hexagram" and "Shadeswither" were chosen forth, but the guys started become unserious about the whole thing and one day, when I decided to call our DOTA clan "Xtreme Sex Offenders" while drunk, they decided: "Okay, let's call our DOTA clan and our band XSO!" Later, when I grasped myself, I took it to them, but they started saying that it should definitely "XSO" rather than "Hexagram" and "Shadeswither". I said: "Look for another vocalist!" XD. Of course, the band may still come to light. Or it may not. But if it does, it definitely will not come out now as we are too busy studying.
For now, I have to settle with the band in my dreams - singing in front of millions of audience in front of us, and billions of audience worldwide watching us live on television.