PDA

View Full Version : Promoting L-Factor

Firestorm
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place. I just want to ask, or maybe suggest or recall would be the best word about promoting L-Factor.

I remember back then I registered with LF because of a small section in RL. It has all the latest topic/discussion/post made in LF. At least people know that there's something going on at the forum. And if they are interested, then they'll join.

I know I joined because I was interested in the Bleach thread which had hot discussion. So, I'm just asking why not re-do that section in RL or even in BL like before. Or maybe there's some hiccups in doing so, or there's a specific reason for not doing so. Just a suggestion though.

Ryojin
04-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I actually thought that was what had caused the extra week of downtime for LF... O.o

Something like this would be good not only for RealityLapse, but BlueLaguna.net also.

Might be nice to find other ways to advertise LF as well, but I'm not entirely sure how, besides just asking friends to join. (Most options for me have too many people who dislike advertisers... :/)

KilaBite
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
The week's work was for Blue Laguna to set up the integration between L-Factor and Realitylapse so if you create an account on ReaityLapse you can post with it on the forums. I agree with your posts though, we do need that old functionality back where you can see latest threads on the main sites.

Ryojin
04-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Will the process of doing such a thing effect the forums at all?

fathernelson
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
It shouldn't if done correctly. The forum and websites I work for are all being integrated like that. You can register on site or on forum login from site/forum with same account.

Ryojin
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I remember back when Filefront was setting up such a system for JKFiles and their other network sites... The sites (and the forums) went down for a while.

That's why I asked...

KilaBite
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
should just be something like a phpinclude. Will make little difference if any to L-Factor. Might affect realitylapse a bit though.

Ryojin
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, I don't really care about that, I never visit RealityLapse anyway! :p

BlueLaguna
06-08-2010, 01:17 AM
The "Forum Topics" section should be back on RealityLapse now

Ryojin
06-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Awesome!

Are you going to do the same for BlueLaguna.net?

Firestorm
07-08-2010, 02:38 AM
It's there!!! I can see the the forum topic section in Reality Lapse!! Great job BL. It's one good way of promoting the forum.

KilaBite
07-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Great stuff. Good to see this back again.

Closing this now as there's no need for this to remain open.